Signs of a Faulty Evaporator Core in Your Lexusby europewpadmin December 9, 2022
One of the most important parts of your car’s air conditioning system is its evaporator core. There is no doubt that each part is essential, but the evaporator core is responsible for controlling the temperature inside the cabin, which is what keeps you comfortable throughout the year.
Evaporator cores are designed primarily to absorb heat from within the cabin, remove humidity from the atmosphere, and distribute it to the interior of the vehicle using the blower fan. In conjunction with the expansion valve and blower fan, this component circulates cool air.
Upon failure, it will need to be replaced in order to ensure that the rest of the system functions properly. Among Lexus owners, this is a common problem, particularly for those whose vehicles are older. However, you can identify problems before they become too serious.
Keeping your air conditioning system in good working order is our specialty at European Auto Tech. There are a variety of evaporator cores available to fit your needs, so you can find the perfect solution.
Warning Signs of a Failing Evaporator Core
The majority of A/C problems are fairly easy to diagnose. You may notice that your car is not blowing as much air as it used to or that the cabin is taking longer to reach a comfortable temperature. It is relatively easy to diagnose a lackluster performance of the A/C Evaporator since it is a significant part responsible for the removal of heat from the air. Whatever the case may be, there are four key signs to look for when determining whether your vehicle requires an evaporator core repair.
- Temperature and Airflow: It is possible that the A/C’s evaporator core may be leaking if you notice that the cool air being blown is weak or there is no cool air being blown at all. Due to this problem, the air conditioning system is not as effective as it should be. Leaks in this area are typically more severe when they are large.
- An Unusual Smell from the Vents: If you notice strange odors coming from your vents. It is likely that a small amount of refrigerant is leaking from your system’s coils, core, or its seals. The result will be an almost sweet-smelling aroma filling your car’s interior. With an increase in air pressure, the smell will become stronger.
- A/C Compressor Fails to Activate: By circulating refrigerant through the evaporator, this compressor circulates cool air. For it to work, a predetermined amount of pressure is required. Leaks will result in reduced pressure and a reduction in the amount of air that is being blown by the system. It is likely that the problem is with the compressor when you notice a weak flow of air in your Lexus.
- Fluctuations in A/C Temperature: It is likely that you will notice fluctuations in temperature if the evaporator has a hole in it. The temperature will not stay consistent even though it continues to cool the air. If this fluctuation occurs, it may be a sign that the evaporator core is failing.
Common Reasons Why The Evaporator Core May Fail
Your Lexus’ evaporator core can fail for a variety of reasons, including leaks, internal damage, faulty air conditioning components, etc. The following are three common causes of evaporator core failure in vehicles.
- Road debris: It is also possible for the evaporator fins to be clogged by leaves, pet hair, and other outside road debris. If your evaporator core leaks, you can only fix it permanently by replacing it.
- Corrosion: The evaporator case is often damaged by the decomposition of organic materials and moisture that enters through the exterior air intake vents. This moisture surface and decomposition of organic materials can cause corrosion that eventually damages the evaporator’s core.
- Leakage of refrigerant: Leaks can be caused by several factors. It is usually due to an ill-fitting seam or weld.
Visit European Auto Tech
Replacement of an evaporator is often required, along with recharging the air conditioning system and possibly replacing other components. Considering that this is a system that contains refrigerant, you should not attempt to repair it yourself. A professional should handle the replacement, especially since it may be necessary to remove the dashboard in some cases. Our experienced European Auto Tech technicians can help you identify any air conditioning problem or replace an evaporator if necessary.
At European Auto Tech, we have a wide range of experience when it comes to servicing Lexus vehicles. We are easily accessible from Allen, Flower Mound, Dallas, University Park, Frisco, McKinney, Highland Park, Southlake, Richardson, Park Cities, and Plano, TX. Having your A/C system inspected and repaired by us will be a great choice for you. You can expect your Lexus to run like new after a visit from our technicians.